Sunday, December 13, 2020

Get yourself some people. That is all.

Yesterday I had an existential crisis. I knew today's weather was sketchy, so I tried to do my run. But I honestly could not get my feet to run. I tried, and just quit. I came home and told my best running people, and they told me all the right things:

Rest.
It's ok
Take a break 
You're still good.

All the things I would have told them. So I did. I spent the day traveling around the Island on an adventure. I came home and watched Christmas movies. I went to bed thinking, "Maybe I'll run tomorrow, maybe I won't. Either way, it's OK." 

I woke up today with a renewed spirit. I made it out, in the slushy mess, and I ran. My winter pace is solid, lol- a pace that's slower because I'm dodging ice and puddles. It felt so good to get out. 
Moral of the story: get yourself a group of people who understand. Whether in real life or online. You sometimes need that kind of encouragement. 



But, you know what else you need? You need to wear the right kind of shoes, lol! Time to switch up my running shoes to my all weather trail running shoes!

Happy running! Even if you aren't running, get outside and into nature- it's good for the heart, soul, and mind. 




No comments:

Post a Comment